swim to the moon...

Saturday, February 25, 2006

It's been a while...

...since I've been able to post here.
What with Christmas, parents visiting, a trip to Spain, the return of the other sport, heavy work deadlines, and a lapse in pool membership... it's all been a little frantic at Moon Mission Control.

Yes there has been swimming... but not an awful lot. There were a few laps ages ago, but I can't quite remember how many... and I did swim 25m in a capsize drill recently (sigh). Oh well, racing is coming soon, and with that the other sport will lie dormant for a bit - giving me a bit more time to splash about in the pool.

So, where were we then? 119.954km from central London at our last update.
And you were posting your laps like champions:

2.1 km from Sam in Oz
10.2 km from Cristy & Paul in Laos
0.9 km from The Pink Kitty in California
3.3 km from Michael & Becky in Oxford, UK
64.8 km from Claven in US
3.2 km from Rob in Oz
4.0 km from Isa in Oxford too!

Plus my weird little 25m takes us to 208.704km!
Does that get us to the other side of the Channel?

Despite my hiatus, I'm sure other lunar astronauts have been keeping up up the pace!
How far did you swim in the last 4 months?

8 Comments:

  • Hi,
    I stumbled upon your mission to the moon, when searching for swim blogs! I see your rules are that I can't donate any laps before today. But I do hope I can still join in? It's a great idea and seems like fun!

    Jen

    By Blogger Jen, at 7:45 PM  

  • my lunar aquanauting has taken a hiatus as well... what with travel taking me to places such as the great ocean road, adelaide and Sapporo... I think I can add in about 0.5km, but thats about it... I'll get back in the pool at some stage :)

    By Anonymous Sam, at 3:00 AM  

  • I swam 200m last weekend. And swallowed half the pool in the process. I hate swimming!

    By Blogger The Capgras Delusion, at 9:05 PM  

  • Hiya Started swimming again a couple of weeks ago. Add 1200 m to the distance from last monday!!

    Would like to know where we are in the world now!

    By Anonymous Isa, at 4:56 PM  

  • In the last 4 months I have swam 4.3km
    Does the ~20m flapping about in the ocean count too?

    Moonboots

    Canberra

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 AM  

  • i found your blog today, after just getting back from swimming 40 laps in a 25 meter pool. so that's 1000m. add that to the total and get ready to make that line move across the map bc i swim a lot.

    By Blogger Dantzler Smith, at 5:51 PM  

  • that is if i can join your mission?

    By Blogger Dantzler Smith, at 5:52 PM  

  • My summer total...30 miles/48 kilometers, now I'm back in law school for a marathon of another kind!

    Owen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home