swim to the moon...

Monday, August 22, 2005

Re------al slow

I was cruising along for my last couple of lengths -- just chilling out in the water, taking each breath like a lazy yawn.

Sometimes I forget to do that bit -- not the breathing I mean, but the other bit: slowing down a little to relax into the feel of the water and the shape of the stroke. Groovy baby. Groove---y. 0.75km.

And a big shout to our international team of lunar aquanauts! Since our last tally we've had 1km from Sam in Sydney and 6.15km from The Pink Kitty in California, and her Mom (I think that's GREAT)! That's added onto our current distance of 11.5 achieved so far by myself, littlekerri and Vanja in the UK, and Owen in Philadelphia. Yay team!

Today's total: 18.65km
Rockin'

7 Comments:

  • Hi Suzymoon,

    My mom and I both didn't swim yesterday but she swam this morning. Her total was 3050 meters. I'm most likely going to swim this afternoon :)

    Yay Moon Team!

    By Blogger The Pink Kitty, at 5:59 PM  

  • To help you jet forward, I've swum (gasp!) 47.5 km (yes, 47.5 km!) since my last post. My pool access is likely at an end, but at least this should send us clear of London!

    Owen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 PM  

  • The Pink Kitty sent me over. My left shoulder got tweaked a few weeks ago, so I had been taking it easy. But I got out at La Jolla Cove in San Diego, California yesterday evening for two miles. The last half mile was after sunset. Do you want to count the quarter mile a seal swam following me?

    By Blogger Claven, at 9:17 PM  

  • 47 km! holy wow! does this mean you back is in better shape these days Owen - or is it all the swimming that keeps it in good shape?

    By Blogger mister z, at 1:21 PM  

  • a combination - my health is erratic, but I've been advised that exercising is the best thing to fill in the cracks.

    I don't have access to a pool any longer, but I am using a rowing machine. I've nerdishly figured out a "stroke for stroke" equivalency as it were so I'd be delighted to contribute these :-)

    Owen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 PM  

  • I've been meaning to tell you for a while now that I average about 3km a week in the pool here in Vientiane. It's a beautiful 25m saltwater slice of heaven sitting right on the bank of the Mekong. The beautiful sunsets are included free of charge.

    So 3km x 4 weeks = 12km per week x 4 = 48km per month x (almost) 5 months = 240km! let's say 200km to be on the safe side.

    I'll be doing that for the next 5 months, but after that I'll be moving to Canberra and I can't take the pool with me, or so I've been told. So we'll see what happens then.

    By Blogger paul, at 11:12 AM  

  • Rocked out at 25:50/mile pace for three miles this afternoon in the blue Pacific Ocean. A little slower than a pool, but I made it through OK.

    By Blogger Claven, at 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home